CalmNeeds is free of all common allergens including gluten, dairy, casein, eggs, soy, fish, shellfish, peanuts, and nuts.
CalmNeeds does NOT contain any Artificial Colors, Artificial Sweeteners, Preservatives, or GMO’s.
CalmNeeds® offers a unique and natural path to calmness, day or night.* This formula contains a combination of Vitamins B6, magnesium, L-theanine, 5-HTP, and GABA designed to:
- Relieve stress and anxiety.
- Promote sleep and relaxation.
- Support a calm and positive mood.
- Ease nervous tension and pain.
- Diminish overactive nerve conduction.
- Assist in serotonin production.
Manifestations of behavioral over-activity is quite common in people with neurodevelopmental disorders, as well as in the general population. These manifestations can include:
- Episodes of aggression
- Fidgeting/stereotypic movements/hyperkinesis
These manifestations are very common in autism, and in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Behavioral over-activity is generally treated by medications, whether in autism, ADHD, other neurodevelopmental disorders, or neurotypical individuals. However, medications are not the only treatment available. In particular, nutritional supplements are often recommended for individuals with various forms of behavioral over-activity.
Supplements should be considered for the treatment of behavioral over-activity in the following settings:
- Mildly-affected individuals who potentially do not warrant a medication trial.
- Families wishing to use natural therapies first, and medications if indeed warranted.
- Individuals who are very sensitive to psychotropic medications.
- Families that are reluctant to give psychotropic medications due to concern regarding adverse effects.
- Individuals who have failed trials with psychotropic medications due to lack of effect or significant adverse effects.
Medications are often effective and appropriate in the treatment of behavioral over-activity, and in particular in ADHD can help get a failing student back on track again. NeuroNeeds does not advocate nutrition over medication in all or most cases. However, appropriate nutritional therapies can often be an effective complementary approach along with appropriate medical therapies. In Dr. Boles’ experience, nutritional therapies can sometimes reduce the amount of dosage of medication needed, and occasionally eliminate the needs for medications altogether. In addition, medications are not appropriate in all affected individuals.