Ingredients: There are 40 active ingredients in EnergyNeeds®, all of which are natural nutritional supplements including vitamins, minerals, and activated cofactors. There are no ingredients at or near dosages considered to be toxic. Non-active ingredients in EnergyNeeds® include the all-natural ingredients of rice flour, magnesium stearate, and silica. Hypromellose in the capsule itself is a semisynthetic polymer used in many oral medicaments, which serves as a vegan substitute to animal gelatin. EnergyNeeds® is fully vegan except that vitamin D is extracted from sheep wool. This product is also free of gluten, casein/milk, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, egg, fish, and shellfish.
Intended Population: EnergyNeeds® is designed primarily to facilitate cellular energy metabolism. This product can be used by all individuals regardless of age, gender, presence or type of mitochondrial dysfunction/disease, common comorbidities, severity of disease, DNA sequence information, medications, or other supplements taken.
EnergyNeeds® can be taken by all individuals who desire:
- A baseline product meeting the core nutritional needs of most such people.
- Very-high dosing of key nutrients (e.g. vitamin D, vitamin B12, zinc, beta-carotene) to promote optimized health and immunity.
- A high-level mitochondrial cocktail, providing additional nutritional support to boost mitochondrial function (increase energy production), and to de-toxify abnormally-metabolizing mitochondria.
- To provide all of this in a single product* and thereby reducing the costs, time, hassles, and side effects of taking multiple different supplement products.
*Additional coenzyme Q10 as ubiquinol is highly recommended in addition, see here.
EnergyNeeds® is in particular tailored to individuals with any condition associated with mitochondrial dysfunction (energy metabolism), including:
- Functional disorders, including chronic fatigue, migraine, chronic pain of any type, irritable bowel and other conditions of GI dysmotility, POTS, frequent urination, and/or dysautonomia.
- Neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism and autism-like conditions, ADHD, epilepsy, and/or non-epileptic “spells”. While SpectrumNeeds® is marketed primarily for neurodevelopmental disorders, EnergyNeeds® is similar and can be substituted in most settings. Especially, consider EnergyNeeds® in the following situations:
- Powder is not palatable or convenient, and a capsule form is preferred.
- Rare individuals with side effects to high dosing of methylated B vitamins.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders, including anxiety, depression, bipolar, panic, and/or OCD.
- Aging, which is the most-common of all conditions related to mitochondrial dysfunction.
To learn more, see The Common Link of Energy Metabolism in Health.
EnergyNeeds® is labelled primarily for adults, but this does not mean that the product is not also intended and appropriate for children and adolescents. For dosing, click here. Conversely, SpectrumNeeds® is labelled primarily for children, but this does not mean that the product is not also intended and appropriate for adults.
As is always the case with any dietary/nutritional supplement, it is recommended to take EnergyNeeds® with the knowledge and approval of your health care provider/physician. EnergyNeeds® is not designed to be a medical treatment for any condition, but to provide excellent nutritional support for a wide variety of conditions often associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. Ideally, this nutritional support would be part of a comprehensive management plan under a physician’s care, along with appropriate diet.
Reducing the number of supplements: EnergyNeeds® is designed to be safe when used in addition to the supplements that you are already on. However, it may be possible and/or advisable to discontinue or lower the dose of one or more current supplements that you are taking; ask your healthcare provider.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.